Natural insomnia treatment is one of the most effective ways to defeat insomnia. Natural insomnia cures can have more of a positive impact on sleep than sleeping pills, sleep aids or other medications, without the risk of side effects or dependence.
Best medication for insomnia and anxiety
Best natural insomnia treatment include:
- cognitive behavioral therapy – A recent study at Harvard Medical School found that cognitive behavior therapy, including relaxation exercises and the adoption of good sleep habits, was more effective at treating chronic insomnia than prescription sleep medication.
- relaxing bedtime routine – Focus on quiet, soothing activities, such as reading, knitting, or listening to soft music before bed.
- abdominal breathing - When we breathe deeply and fully, involving not only the chest, but also the belly, lower back, and ribcage, it can actually help the part of our nervous system that controls relaxation
- progressive muscle relaxation – With a little practice, these skills can improve your sleep better than a sleeping pill or sleep aid.
- exercise – Aerobic exercises are the best to combat sleeplessness as they increase the amount of oxygen that reaches the blood. Try exercise such as jogging, walking briskly, using a stationary bike or treadmill, dancing, or jumping rope. People who performed regular, moderately-intense aerobic exercise for 30 to 40 minutes four times a week, slept almost an hour longer than those who did no exercise at all.
- make your bedroom more sleep friendly – The quality of your bedroom environment makes a huge difference in how well you sleep.
- keep a regular sleep schedule - If you keep a regular sleep schedule, going to bed and getting up at the same time each day, you will feel much more refreshed and energized than if you sleep the same number of hours at different times. This holds true even if you alter your sleep schedule by only an hour or two.
- turn of your television – even the most relaxing program or movie can interfere with the body’s clock due to the continuous flickering light coming from the TV or computer screen. Television is also noisy, which can disturb sleep if the set is accidentally left on.
- take a warm bath before bedtime
- stay away from big meals at night – Try to make dinnertime earlier in the evening, and avoid heavy, rich foods within two hours of bed.
- avoid alcohol before bed – While it may make you fall asleep faster, alcohol reduces your sleep quality, waking you up later in the night.
- get anxiety and stress in check - If you can’t stop yourself from worrying, especially about things outside your control, you need to learn how to manage your thoughts. For example, you can learn to evaluate your worries to see if they’re truly realistic and learn to replace irrational fears with more productive thoughts. Even counting sheep is more productive than worrying at bedtime
Changing your sleep environment and bedtime behaviors is one of the most effective ways to fight insomnia. Even if you decide to use sleep medications in the short-term, experts recommend changes in lifestyle and bedtime behavior as a long-term remedy to anxiety.
Natural Insomnia Medication
We found that Melatrol is a powerful synergistic mix of the most proven and effective natural ingredients, to end your suffering once and for all. It’s the most powerful sleeping aid you can buy without a prescription.
In fact it’s so effective, you really do not need to risk the addiction or side effects of prescription sleeping aids.